Providing a caring environment for homeless families
The objectives are:
- to work individually with each family
- to help families to find an affordable, permanent housing
- to improve parenting skills
- to provide opportunity for education
- to move families toward financial independence
- to encourage parents to play an active role in their children's lives through activities intended to promote family participation
- to help children with homework through individual tutoring sessions provided by a local library,Tri-County Youth Services, Inc. and our volunteers
- to provide extracurricular activities such as swimming, cooking, arts and crafts; karate, dance and music lessons sponsored by the local Rotary Club of Clifton, the Clifton Boys and Girls Club and private donors
- to sponsor day trips for whole families to parks, museums, concerts and movies
- to place children in summer camps through the "Royal Family Kids' Camp"and "Northern Frontier" boys' camp".
Our intention is to work with government agencies and charitable organizations to create a wider spectrum of supportive services and opportunities for families in distress.